Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Sword of the Spirit


I believe God has gifted me with an eye to discern His hidden treasures, & each year, I shoot thousands of images which remain unseen. I teach people they have a responsibility to use the gifts they were given, & yet do not heed my own words. I started this blog to share the Works of God's Hands, which I have been blessed with the ability to discern.
No sooner had I started this witness, than I came under attack by neighbors for simply being. I nearly caved to depression, but I hung in there & continued my witness. Dear friends moved away & those who followed threatened my morning prayer & Bible time. I "happened upon" a few minutes of a preacher saying how the very utterance of Jesus' name, let alone the mention of His shed blood, drives Satan & his minions shrieking back into the darkness.
I sat on the bench near the pond, & in desperation prayed aloud, claiming peace to our neighborhood through the shed blood of our Lord, Jesus Christ. I felt better & began my day. That night, an amazing miracle of healing began within our community! Though unrelated to the above, it was far more encompassing & pervasive. It truly was a miracle that no one could have ever anticipated.
The witness of my blog grew by leaps & bounds when shared through FaceBook & yet another spiritual attack began. This time, I crumpled up & withdrew under it's weight. I continued to be assaulted from seemingly every direction. Gradually, & for the first time in months, I began to feel a sense of hope & a renewed strength. I spoke of this with several people & returned home to find a hostile letter secured to my bush. As the anger grew within me, I began to crumple, once again. These powerful words were placed afresh on my heart: "We do not wrestle with flesh & blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of this darkness of this present age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places." (Ephesians 6:12)
When Jesus was attacked by Satan, He used but one weapon: "The Sword of the Spirit, which is the very Word of God." (Ephesians 6:17). I turned to my Bible & was strengthened. As small as bound text on a page may seem, I held in my hands, the very word of God....the VERY WEAPON JESUS USED!!
"I CAN do all things through Christ, who strengthens me!" (Philipians 4:13)
It's all good !!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment