Friday, February 5, 2010

Frozen Current


This is my 10th winter watching the lake & I have never before seen it freeze solid. It was remarkable! We had a number of frights as lab puppy, Buddy would chase something skittering across the surface. Blessedly, the ice always held.


This full-size tree had been in & around the cove for months. It would wash up to the dock & the boys would delight in having the power to move the mammoth with a mere heave-ho. We would watch it floating about for days or weeks, before returning once again to dock's edge. One morning, I peered out to see it's very path frozen in place. It looks like some is liquid, but I assure you otherwise!!! The path of the current was completely stilled in ice. I wondered anew for many, many days as it held fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment