Thursday, October 8, 2009

Unexpected Journey


How many times in my life have I turned away from something in denial? Closed my thoughts to some impending fate that I have the power to change, but "not time" or energy? Some pain that I just "can't handle right now"....and more often than not, something I just don't want to accept..."Perhaps it will go away if I don't give it any energy"...If I don't accept it, it isn't real.....
Then the phone rings & the doctor gives you 24-48 hours. In a whirlwind, you find yourself rushing down 95, driving all through the night. Did the doctor say that dad has but that short a time, or that those are the critical times for him to pull through? It all happened so fast & suddenly, I am on a car ride that leads me to a place where I cannot know the outcome....I want to wake up & find this is a dream...I want to scream. I want to cry. I want to close down & close off....& still the car drones on.
My thoughts & prayers are with you, my dear, friend. Selah!

No comments:

Post a Comment