Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Windows into Worlds

I must give Tom credit for this photo from last spring. I go to a 2 hour event and come back with hundreds of photos...Tom took London out for 4 hours and came back with 3 or 4 pictures...and he managed to capture this image!!! Wow!
We have a 50 gallon aquarium that a recent catastrophe left emp[ty save for 1 poor guppy and 1 blue, beta. (again, predator & prey). This past weekend, I made a good start on restocking our tank. What a joy to do so, spontaneously with 7 & 8 y.o. boys !!! They saw the fish and suggested we get some and were floored when I told them yes, but they had to help me pick them out !!
We came home with 4 bags of freeshwater fish: The boys picked out 3, soaring, silver, shark-like cats that are very active and a blast to watch. I picked out a big, black, wobbly ball of a moor. We got a loach-like algae-eater and 3 little ghost shrimp. The boys named them all "Jacques" after the cleaning shrimp in Nemo. "Shark-bait" would probably be more appropriate.
I had forgotten how much fun it is to have a full tank of variety....

No comments:

Post a Comment