Thursday, April 2, 2009

Filled to Overflowing!

A few days ago, I returned to the soil, breaking my first ground of the season The very act of sorting through seeds, (mostly harvested from my own beds last autumn) is inspiring. Seeds fill one with hope and anticipation! I am absolutely filled to overflowing with wonder to discover the tiny shoots arise from the soil. Nearly a week of rain had awakened many old friends from the earth and it is always an exciting time for me!. The cool, rich earth crumbled easily between my fingers, invigorating my very soul and spirit. Such wonders God has prepared for us, if we only pause to savor the blessings!!
I reluctantly headed back inside well past dark. Once again, I lost myself in the moment and in the bounty God has provided. I tore cool, crunchy lettuce, chopped crisp, green cucumber, and broccoli,…All those shades of green ! What an artist! What a Creator! There were plenty of shades of white, too: I crumbled creamy cauliflower and milky feta, and sliced supple mushrooms. I shredded carrots, sliced olives and lumped tomatoes…I topped it all with slivered almonds, raisins, and bacon pieces ! All from his hands !!! Amazing ! He loves variety !! (Look around you).
God placed such miracles among us as reminders of his love and care~~ from the nutrient-rich soil to the glory of the setting sun and the miracle of the night sky….yet, we so often rush past on our own limited and insignificant schedule... It is merely a matter of letting go and allowing ones’ self to slow long enough to be filled with His blessings…They are endless ! (And we have yet to see the greatest, yet to come!)

No comments:

Post a Comment