Thursday, August 6, 2009

Gifts of Gold


Yesterday was my birthday & I set out in the morning with an air of new beginnings. Passing the baby wrens, eyes now open on day 6, I decided to head for the familiar docks below. I haven't been there in over a week. As I hit "The Glade", I was astonished to be met by a buzzing sea of gold !! This area has not been tended due to the neighbors closing off the main access [see April 26 post]. As so often is the case, God brings delight from deceit. He brings glory from amidst our suffering. The flat land between the steep & the shore has erupted into a sensual oasis of golden blossoms amidst delicate mimosa type fronds.


The sound & movement of hundreds of carpenter bees brought it absolutely to life ! Sitting amidst this, with flower stalks easily to my shoulders, it seemed to have no end. I gazed upon the bees, their droning music all around & watched them work, their furry legs already heavily laden with pollen. Awaiting me, too were many other flowers & I had such a time of wonder with my maker. What a great way to start my "new year"!
In the afternoon, I lounged in the pool, watching a pair of goldfinches alight above me. The males' vivid yellow so stark against the black trim was amazing & set against the Carolina blue sky it was almost overwhelming in it's beauty !!


My heart has been heavy for many of you who write to me of your trials. I really do understand how difficult it is to cleave to hope when all around the darkness closes in. Cling to this hope: "Weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning" (Psalm 30:5)!! Though you feel your faith is deep enough, & your night has been far too long, He knows your limits & He walks the way beside you. I pray for you as I "watch" & throughout my days. Driving around this "growing area", each day I see additional businesses closed & houses in foreclosure...I think of & pray for you. To you & all others who come across this, I offer up this "Sea of Gold", my birthday present to you & yours, as a promise & a hope.

As the adage recalls, "When you reach the end of your rope, you will find the hem of His garment".

No comments:

Post a Comment