Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The Return of Lines


To embrace the long gray of winter I learned to enjoy & contemplate the lines of the surrounding forest. Winter reveals these masterfully creative treasures of artistry. With bittersweet regret I watched the spring growth overtake them. The ambient glow of my candlelit mornings was replaced by the pastel skies of dawn.
As winter approaches I rise once again to light trays of candles. Peering out from my desk, the reflections of light across the lake seem to reach towards me as they sparkle in the currents. The forest makes it's last stand in brilliant color while weather & time fades them to neutrals. The lines reveal themselves once more & I am drawn to the poignancy with which I relinquished them but a few months ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment