Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Treasures Revealed


It has been 2 or 3 years since the "annual", autumnal dropping of the lake. This is done so in order for people to tend to their seawalls. Rushing down with great enthusiasm, for us it is a magical time of exploration & discovery. The docks are grounded & I am able to walk out to gaze upon my places of peace & meditation. I shot some images to enable you to get a better sense of my little cove. Looking across this once floating dock, my house is way up on a ridge to the right.(see first image in July). The beavers live in the far banks, beyond the crumbling boat house. I watch the sun set from the dock, then make my way across the cove to the landing, which is to the right just out of view.


I took this image to mirror the one I posted Sept. 29th to show you the magical world that is revealed. Our floating dock is around the corner to the left. I now walk from one end to the other along the shores in search of treasure. It is always such a magical time to look back on our view from a different perspective !!! We find paw prints from beavers, opossums, raccoons, squirrels, chipmunks & muskrats...There are even "tracks" of clams, as they made their way back into the water. We find a variety of clam & snail shells of different types, sizes & colors. Below our dock, I found London's long-lost, toy machine gun & he found our "missing" hot dog roasting fork. In my next post, I shall share images of the beavers' burrowing & the proximity to it from which I "watch."

No comments:

Post a Comment