Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Miss Annie


Have you ever met someone and felt like you have known each other forever? Someone who instantly reached down into the depths of your heart and warmed your very soul? I ran into Miss Annie at the garden center and we hit it off immediately. She felt like family from the moment we met over a beautiful lily.
I firmly believe that God places people like this in our lives. Sometimes it is in a moment when we need some reassurance or companionship. Often, we don't know why the specific time for the encounter was chosen, but it truly feels ordained. The feeling is uplifting and lasting.



Perhaps we were chosen to encourage or be a companion to the other person. Hebrews 13: 2 says, "Do not forget to enter strangers, for by so doing some have entertained angels unaware." I don't know why we are blessed with "Miss Annie's" in our life. I do know that when we live a rushed life, we miss out on heaven-sent opportunities for companionship and warmth. I also know that Miss Annie was an angel to me in the time that we shared.

No comments:

Post a Comment