Tuesday, September 1, 2009

...Before We Ask


This will give you an idea of my quirky little part of the world. Atop the cliff, there are a couple of more rises &, perched at the top, you see my home. Clearly, there are perils to raising a boy here.

There are also blessings! When I say, "We look over a lake", I mean that literally. We live between a "pond" & a dammed river/lake. From our deck, I can watch the sun & moon set over the larger lake. When the leaves are down, I simply walk to the other end of my deck to watch the sun rise over the pond. This is an old image & the water level was low due to drought.
To the right of this scene is a waterfall. After heavy rains, we open the sliding doors & can hear the music of the falls, throughout our home. We can also hear the rush of the dam, particularly after it has rained in the mountains to our north. Years ago, my husband & I pined to escape from the hectic life-style of city sprawl. We decided to make this our home as it would be "a great place to grow up." As we sit in our home & listen to the falls, accompanied by the giggles of little boys exploring...we are constantly reminded of how richly blessed we are. God thought of all kinds of details we would never have thought to ask...nor dared to. He knows our needs before we ask. The treasures surrounding our home call to mind God's message to us: "For I know the plans I have for you. Plans for a future & a hope" (Jer. 29:11)

1 comment:

  1. GREAT post!
    Gotta love it when God plans stuff.
    So sweet...
    Daryl

    ReplyDelete