Monday, September 21, 2009

I'm Not Driving !


I feel like I have spent the last months whining & complaining. For that, I am full of regret. I sincerely apologize. In spite of my feelings I have recently been barraged with the question,: "How/why do you remain so positive?". It is a question I have heard often in my life. Years ago, I had a colleague say, "Can't you just for once stop seeing the best in people & let us [complain]!?" This past week, I have been asked several times, why I always remain so optimistic. The most poignant query came a few days ago, from a friend of over 30 years. "Besides your faith, how do you always remain so full of hope?" Ahhh! "Have you known me so long?! It is BECAUSE of my faith that I have hope!"
My faith puts things in perspective. I look at the moon & stars & am in awe of all that God has set into motion...& yet, he is "mindful" of me. (Psalm 8: 3-5). I am His child & heir to His Kingdom.(Romans 8: 14-19). He made all of it & still cares about my every thought & care. He cared so much for me that He sent His only Son to die, so that I could be with Him for all eternity. (John 3:16).
Through experience I honestly trust that my Heavenly Father will work all things for His purpose. As I told her, "I'm not driving!".

No comments:

Post a Comment